Features Left 4 DLC

Hier gehts um alle Spiele der Half-Life Serie.

Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
JeansJoe
Geschäftsmodell

Features Left 4 DLC

Beitrag von JeansJoe » 15.12.2009, 06:26

Valve ist dabei die Geldkuh so richtig zu melken.
"The Passing" Brings L4D1 Survivors Down South

December 14, 2009 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the first game add-on for its co-operative zombie thriller, Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2), is in development and targeted for release in early 2010.

Dubbed "The Passing," the first game add-on for L4D2 brings the original Left 4 Dead (L4D1) Survivors down south for a meeting with the L4D2 cast, while delivering new single-player, multiplayer and co-operative gameplay for the PC and Xbox 360.

Targeted for release in early spring, "The Passing" takes place just after the Dead Center campaign of L4D2. Set in a small town in rural Georgia, players assume the role of the L4D2 Survivors as they meet with the L4D1 characters.

In addition to the new co-operative campaign and associated narrative, "The Passing" will include new arenas for Survival, Versus and Scavenge mode and introduce a new co-operative challenge mode of play. The Passing will also include a new "uncommon common" zombie class, melee weapon, and firearm.

"The Passing will become the most important campaign in the Left 4 Dead story, as all the Survivors are being called together in one campaign," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing at Valve. "It will also be a huge offering of new gameplay content, with something new for every game mode plus a new uncommon common and weaponry."

Exclusively available for the Xbox 360 and PC, L4D2 sets a new benchmark for co-operative action games. The title adds melee combat to enable deeper co-operative gameplay, with items such as a chainsaws, frying pans, axes, baseball bats, and more.

With the AI Director 2.0, L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.

Finally, with new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original, featuring more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, new Survival maps, and the new competitive game mode, Scavenge.

Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing is targeted for release in early spring for the PC and Xbox 360. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.

For more information, please visit www.l4d.com
Okay, okay. Es gibt also neue Features.

Aber davon mal abgesehen.
AI Director 2.0 ist genauso ein Marketingshit wie Web 2.0 und Valves Matchmaking 2.0
Das einzige was neu daran ist ist dass es Valve mehr Kohle bringt und der User sich leicht umstellen muss.
Ich rechne mit einem Preis von 10 €
Für ein Spiel das 50€ kostet ist das meiner Meinung nach ziemlich viel.
Das Spiel kam gerade mal vor nicht einmal einem Monat raus und plötzlich darf man schon für Features nachzahlen. Na danke.
Hinter dir! Eine dreiköpfige Kaffeetasse des Todes!

Wargod
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Wargod » 15.12.2009, 10:55

AI Director 2.0 gibt es bereits ... das ist nämlich der Director in L4D2. ;)

Es wird lediglich darauf angespielt, was der alles tolles kann, und wofür man das nutzen kann.

Da auch bisher nichts zum Preis des DLCs gesagt wurde, oder ob es überhaupt etwas kosten wird, mache ich mir darüber keine Gedanken, bis man hierzu Genaueres weiß.

Ich freue mich aber auf eine neue Kampagne, neue MP Karten, neue Melee-Waffen und einen neuen Coop-Modus.

[FtN|GT] N24Reporter
Geschäftsmodell

Beitrag von [FtN|GT] N24Reporter » 15.12.2009, 15:36

Ich befürchte auch, dass es was kosten wird.
Die DLC Diskussion ist ja schon was älter, aber ich halte die Methode, Spiele kostenpflichtig zu vervollständigen, sowieso für einen Holzweg der Publisher.
Bild

[FtN|GT] Die Happy
Geschäftsmodell

Beitrag von [FtN|GT] Die Happy » 15.12.2009, 16:01

also bisher hat valve ALLES an zusätzlichem content umsosnt auf dem PC released (auf xbox will M$ geld verdienen deshalb kostet es dort)

solange nicht jemand offizielles sagt das das ganze geld kosten soll gehe ich von dem üblichem UMSONST DLC aus.
Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand / I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me /
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie Ausdrucken, Laminieren, Einrahmen und behalten

JeansJoe
Geschäftsmodell

Beitrag von JeansJoe » 15.12.2009, 20:48

Für mich siehts stark danach aus dass es was kostet. Ansonsten hätten sie es extra dazugesagt. Immerhin heißt es addon und nicht mehr dlc.
Hinter dir! Eine dreiköpfige Kaffeetasse des Todes!

Antworten